China Set To Drive Up Global Demand For Gold
China To Invest Over $440 Billion Dollars In The Environment
Did Obama Give Wen Jiabao Another Wow Bow?
28 abducted babies rescued in southeast China
Blog from China: How To Buy Houses Without Money
Hopes for China’s Electric-Car Revolution
The Holy Grail of Environmental Idealism #cop15
Burmese Border Battles Annoy China
Twitter's Top Trending Topics of 2009
Pepsi Ditches Super Bowl Ads for Social Networking Campaign
Food! How Has Social Media Changed The Food World?
Social Media Aiding Public Health

Dear Mr. Bagel

by Lonnie Hodge

@lonniehodge

Dozens of letters of application sent to an Italian restaurant (Danny’s Bagel) in Guangzhou, China


China & Drunk Drivers

Drivers will soon be slapped with a harsher penalty to stem the deadly trend on the nations roads.


This page is updated throughout the day with stories handpicked by

@weirdchina

to see earlier stories click here


Grocery shopping in China





Alexis Ohanian: How to make a splash in social media

Weirdchina is a story of an American family trying to survive in the back streets of China. Currently 100,000 followers and ranks as the top Twitter user in China.

Let us show you the secret China that foreigners rarely get to see. Follow us around as we explore new places and meet new people. See what $1.00 can buy in China



UK Telegraph Newspaper - Shanghai Correspondent:


Robert Kong Hai 孔海

American in China. Futurist. Global Entrepreneur.

Writer. Education, Social Media, News, Asia, Business



April 9, 2008

Kid Drops Ice Cream Cone & Starts Crying

Andrew drops his ice cream on the table at KFC in Beijing and starts crying, but no problem, I will just scoop it up put it right back on the cone





2 comments:

krissy knox said...

Poor kid! I like when you said to him, "Don't cry." Maybe it'll toughen him up a little!

I love your blog. It looks fascinating.

I found you through someone I follow and who follows me, on Twitter. I am now following you, by the way. I hope you'll follow me back!

I watched this video and the one in which the young American boy spoke Chinese. I hope you'll add others to your YouTube site! They were interesting.

I couldn't believe some of the comments on YouTube regarding the video of the American boy who spoke English so well. A lot of commentators were saying that he probably never knew English in the first place!

I found that highly ignorant, as the boy was also speaking English on the YouTube video. I remember him telling "Lisa" that he "saw a peach flower." Children who speak two languages, as I am sure you are aware, often slip back and forth between languages (as do adults, I have noticed), especially where there are words that they don't know in the other language, or that don't exist in the other language. Then they use the words available in their own languages to suffice for foreign language. It was apparent that the little boy also knew English. Sigh. Sometimes people don't want to believe that there are those out there who possess intelligence. Maybe it's because they would be convicted that they were intelligent, and have to accomplish something in their life also... :)

krissy knox :)
my main blog: Sometimes I Think
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/iamkrissy

Mango Mui said...

Hi! i love this video :D it's funny to see how one kid can be so clumsy and one kid can eat the ice cream without a hassle.

oh and when food drops on the table never pick it up and eat it bcuz u'll never know how many germs are on the table.

Cute video!!!!!